Monday, September 26, 2005

I am a do-gooder, and please don't hump near my burger

I'm going to be a volunteer at the International Center! yaaaay.

After my volunteer interview tonight, finding myself in my old work neighborhood, I decided to hit up the New York Burger Co. for dinner. It appeared in our 'hood right after we moved offices and I'd been meaning to give it a try. Anyway, it was all kinds of yum. The burgers are just the right size, filling without being gut-bustingly huge, and the lettuce and tomato were surprisingly fresh, making it a very pretty burger indeed. I had mine with the NY Burger Co. sauce, which is sort of a thicker version of the brown sauce that the Brits put on everything. As for the fries, they're no US Open spicy fries, but they're crisp and not too greasy.

Having said all that, I have to say one more thing about the NY Burger Co.: it's not especially romantic. The lights are flourescent, it was scattered here and there with remnants of the day's lunch and dinner rush, and it's filled with people in fast food uniforms. Hey, that's cool with me. I'm there to eat my burger and leave. Others, however, come to the Burger Co. to get it on next to the soda machine. I mean full-on making out, in front of me, the line cooks, God and everyone. You're startlingly close to the condiments bar, and I'm scared to go get another pickle for fear I might see something that shouldn't be illuminated by flourescent lighting. In short, I must ask you to contain your mad lust or get your burgers to go. Thankyou.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home