Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Stuff and things

-OK, now the '90s XM Satellite Radio channel is really pissing me off. You have the entire '90s at your disposal... and you choose to play the Sixpence None the Richer version of "There She Goes"? Whatever happened to The La's?? I just double-checked, and theirs was released in 1991.

-Speaking of "There She Goes," it's mentioned in a Slate article in which readers complain about commercials that completely disregard the meaning of the songs they're employing to sell their product. Like "Lust for Life" in those Royal Caribbean spots: "Nothing says maritime comfort like a song about shooting up junk." Well, I suppose it does help with the seasickness...

-And speaking of nothing in particular, I saw a boy in a red Merc t-shirt today! In Midtown, no less! Oh Merc, I'd almost forgotten about you.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So despite my love of decade-reminiscent radio stations, my beef with them is their limited library. 10 years of music across all the genres of early rap and hip-hop that is ancient to our sophisticated ears now, early electronica, the regular rock and pop, and the birth of “alternative” and “grunge”. And yet for some reason I have to hear the same dang songs over and over again. sheesh. Is a little variety with my nostalgia too much to ask for?

2:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home