Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Botched Kate Winslet sighting!

So Cyrus and I were walking down East 68th to the 6 train this evening, and as we were crossing Third Avenue we happened upon a happy little puppy trotting the opposite direction. He was golden and tiny and Pomeranian-ish, a compact ball of fluff bouncing through the intersection. At the other end of the puppy's leash was a tall, sporty-looking guy in what seemed like workout clothes, and next to him walked a woman who I didn't really take a look at. As soon as we passed them I poked Cyrus and was like, "lookit that cute dog!!" And he said, "Yeah. I think the dog's owner was Kate Winslet."

Whaaa?!


I can't personally confirm it was her; we have only one man's account to depend on. What was she doing on the Upper East Side -- I thought she lived in the Village? And who was the dude -- personal trainer? It wasn't Sam Mendes, I don't think.

Well, shoot. I think Kate Winslet rocks, and I would have loved to have seen her in person. She foiled me by deploying her super-cute dog -- a dirty trick, I must say. Ah well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home