Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Things I like that are a little bit evil

My roommate recently told me she hates Martha Stewart "because she has taken something I love [cooking, entertaining] and made it packaged and commercial... and she has scary eyes." Huh. I once hated Martha too, back when her first rush of popularity prompted my mom to spray-paint all our holiday wreaths gold and silver and run matching ribbons down the Christmas tree -- sacrelige! But that all passed, and now I kind of like Martha. She publishes one of my favorite magazines. She sells cheap home goods at K-Mart. And, most of all, she gets hilariously angry at the guests on her talk show, making them visibly alarmed. Love her!

But it's not just you, Martha. I have a special place in my heart for all manner of slightly evil things.


In addition to Martha....



there's the Yankees...




Caleb Nichol...



...and Julie Cooper-Nichol, too


Clive Owen in Closer...



Drug lords that are also priests (ex: Mr. Eko)...



US Weekly...




...and last, but never least, bacon.



Slightly evil is just a little more fun. We're Sage Advice. And we're for (slightly) evil.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What's odd is that a reference to me IS on this page. This, however, is Sarah Ruhl, not Sarah Hart.

http://images.google.com/images?q=%22sarah+hart%22&svnum=10&hl=en&lr=&start=40&sa=N

10:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home