Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Free thought association

Been slacking on the blog for the past week. Here's the extremely short version of everything I thought about posting.

- Michelle Kwan, you are breaking my heart. But shake it off, girl -- the medals are ugly this year anyway.

- How cute is Shaun White?

- The proper way to walk through slush is to tread lightly. Never, ever run through slush with plunging steps; it is good for nobody. You will splash yourself and everyone around you.

- Side note: Chelsea/Flatiron district might be the most hellishly slushy part of Manhattan. Thoughts?

- Valentine's Day is kind of silly, but I do like chocolate samplers.

- Making fun of Valentine's Day is much more fun than celebrating it. Therefore, I'm puh-syched that I'm going to see the Mortified anti-V-day show tomorrow.

- Book clubs are mean to Curtis Sittenfeld! I haven't read her book, but this seems like shocking rudeness. I think my own book club would be totally nice to her even if we hated the book, and offer her wine and cheese and Tipton salsa. We're cool like that.

- Five words: Sweet and Salty Chex Mix. Try it. You won't be sorry.

- Saturday afternoon I went into Sotto Voce for brunch, and they sat us next to a table of six early twenty-something girls who were clearly doing the "I cannot conceive of having weekend brunch in New York without inviting every girl who I was friends with in college, just like the good ol' days back in the caf" thing (a stage which I conveniently skipped, since I knew all of two people when I moved here). So anyway, I noticed their chairs were draped with an array of Gap and J. Crew peacoats, and thought to myself "ha, these girls look like they just stepped off the airport shuttle from [my college]." And then they got up to leave, and I noticed that at least one of them WAS, in fact, from my college, and had graduated just last spring seeing as they were freshmen while I was a senior. The dual points of this seemingly pointless tale being, a) The next generation is invading Brooklyn! and b) We are old.

- If you're smart, you'll avoid Times Square (even more than usual) tomorrow and Thursday. Don't say I didn't warn you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home